Tutorial 3:
1) I didn't realize that Hotmail was part of Windows Live. "Windows Live Hotmail is a Webmail provider from microsoft that you use to send and receive email."
2) I learned about SkyDrive. "...the file sharing service provided by Windows. This service is called SkyDrive."
3) I learned that Google has placed size/quantity restrictions on their Docs application. No files larger than 500 KB, no more than 5000 documents total.
Tutorial 4:
4) I learned that web robots (aka: bot, spider) are programs that scour the internet to find new websites and update information about old web sites that have already been catalogued. They also delete information about websites that no longer exist.
5) I learned about "stemming", where search engines automatically search variants of a keyword. Example: "Canada" will also return results with the word "Canadian".
6) I learned that converting a natural language question (questions phrased the way we talk to other people) into a search expression (questions phrased in a way to get reliable search results) is called "parsing".
No comments:
Post a Comment